Deadline: November 30, 2014
Awarded on or before: December 15, 2014
Do you have One Wish for your child with apraxia?
In the past, parents have "wished" for additional speech therapy for their child with apraxia that their insurance will not cover, or more intensive therapy such as block therapy, 4- Day Intensive Program at the Kaufman Children's Center in Michigan, or Midwestern University's Let's Talk Summer Camp. We have also been able to grant Kaufman therapy materials to local families. We are so happy to be able to bring you The Apraxia Connection's One Wish Grant program again this year!
Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant from The Apraxia Connection, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit incorporated in the State of Illinois and registered with the Illinois Attorney General’s Office. The Apraxia Connection is dedicated to connecting families, educators and therapists with community resources and also establishing an assistance program to benefit children affected by apraxia and related disorders. Grant applications can be found on the website www.theapraxiaconnection.org.
· Distribution of grants will be based on the established need for speech, occupational, physical, or other types of therapy or therapeutic tools such as speech therapy cards, or weighted blankets or vests. Grants may also be used for applicable programs or summer camps.
· Grants will not be awarded for iPads but may be considered for certain iPad apps.
· Only families residing in the Midwest states of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan may apply.
· Child must have a diagnosis of apraxia verified by the child’s therapist or doctor.
· Funds will be paid directly to the provider. No grants will be distributed for past therapy or therapeutic tools already purchased.
· Acceptance of the grant requires the submission of the follow up form to document how the grant has been utilized.
Please consider only one wish that you have for your child when completing the grant application. Please also consider whether you can accept a partial grant for the therapy, program or therapeutic tool requested so that The Apraxia Connection may distribute as many grants as possible.
Please send completed applications to:
The Apraxia Connection
c/o One Wish Grants
401 North Catherine Avenue
La Grange Park, IL 60526
Applications must be received by November 30, 2014. Grant recipients will be notified in writing of their acceptance on or before December 15, 2014.