Apraxia & Local Resources
Apraxia Specific Links
The following are national and local organizations that have important information about apraxia and methods to treat apraxia.
- Apraxia-kids (CASANA): http://www.apraxia-kids.org/
- Apraxia-kids (CASANA) SLP Directory: http://www.apraxia-kids.org/speech-pathologist-directory/
- ASHA - Statement on CAS: http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/childhoodapraxia/
- Cherab: http://www.cherab.org/
- Kaufman Children's Center: http://www.kidspeech.com/
- North Shore Pediatric Therapy: spt4kids.com/parenting/childhood-apraxia-speech/
- The Prompt Institute: http://www.promptinstitute.com
- Speech EZ Apraxia Program: http://www.speech-ez.com
Apraxia Organization Links
The following are non-profit organizations dedicated to raising awareness about apraxia.
- Northwest Ohio Apraxia Support: http://www.nwoapraxiasupport.org/index.html
- Apraxia Resource Center of Connecticut: http://www.apraxiact.com/
- Silent Stars Foundation (Glenview, IL): http://www.silentstars.org/
Local Resources Links
The following are organizations dedicated to providing support and services to children with special needs and their families.
- Mothers on a Mission: http://www.mothersonamission.net/
- Chicago Special Parent Magazine: http://www.chicagoparent.com/magazines/special-parent
- Friendship Circle of Michigan: http://www.friendshipcircle.org/
- One Place for Special Needs: http://www.oneplaceforspecialneeds.com/
- Illinois Assistive Technology Program: http://www.iltech.org/
- Learning Disabilities Association of Illinois: http://www.ldail.com/
Parent Support Links
The following are online discussion groups.
- Windy City/Chicagoland Apraxia Network: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/windycityapraxia/info